Vernee, a Chinese company yesterday showcased its flagship Apollo smartphone at the MediaTek event in China. It has a 5.5-inch Quad HD display with force touch function, is powered by a Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has 6GB of RAM, a 21-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX230 sensor and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It has 4G LTE connectivity and a fingerprint sensor on the back.
It has a metal body and USB Type-C port, but no details about the battery capacity yet. Vernee has also introduced a budget smartphone called Thor with MediaTek MT6753 SoC and fingerprint sensor, but complete specifications are not available yet.
Vernee Apollo specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD force touch display
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX230 sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
The Vernee Apollo come in silver color and will release sometime in April 2016. Price of the smartphone will be announced next month.