After several rumors, Qualcomm today confirmed that the upcoming flagship LG G5 smartphone that will be unveiled at the MWC 2016 on Sunday will be powered by its latest high-end Snapdragon 820 processor. The Snapdragon 820 uses custom 64-bit CPU architecture in ARMv8-based Qualcomm Kryo CPU and is based on FinFET process. It has Adreno 530 GPU, X12 LTE modem, Snapdragon Smart protect, SafeSwitch kill switch solution, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and more unique features.
LG recently confirmed Always ON display for the G5 and also introduced a Quick Cover case with touch function for the smartphone. Case maker Spigen’s teaser for a LG G5 case confirmed dual rear cameras for the smartphone.
LG G5 rumored Specifications
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD display, secondary ticker display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB / 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual 16MP rear cameras,135-degree wide-angle capture, laser auto focus, dual-tone flash, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE (APT-x), GPS
- 2800mAh (removable) battery