Motorola today launched the Moto X Force, it’s high-end smartphone with Moto ShatterShield, the world’s first shatterproof display in India, as it had promised. It was announced back in October last year as the global variant of the DROID Turbo 2 and packs a 5.4-inch Quad HD AMOLED screen, is powered by a Snapdragon 810 processor, runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) and has a 3760mAh battery. At the announcement Motorola said that the display is guaranteed not to crack or shatter for up to 4 years.
It has a 21-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera that also has an LED flash for capturing better images event in low lighting conditions. It was water repellent coating, similar to most other Motorola smartphones.
Motorola Moto X Force specifications
- 5.4-inch (1440×2560 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 540 ppi display with Moto Shattershield
- 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 87-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture , 1.4um pixel
- Dimensions: 149.8 x 78 x 7.6-9.2 mm (curve); Weight: 169g
- 4G LTE / 3G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- 3760mAh battery with Turbo charging, PMA and Qi wireless charging
The Motorola Moto X Force comes in Black and Grey with Ballistic Nylon finish and White colors, and is priced at Rs. 49,999 for 32GB variant and Rs. 53,999 for the 64GB variant in India. It will be available from Flipkart, Amazon.in, Spice Hotspot and Croma starting from February 8th. Check out the drop test by Varun at the CES last month.