Gionee today introduced (Via) Marathon M5 mini in the Marathon M5 series in Nigeria, soon after the India launch of the Marathon M5 Lite. It packs a 4000mAh battery, full metal body, 5-inch HD display, quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor, Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.1, 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the Marathon M5 Lite, but this has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, instead of 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage in the M5 Lite.
Gionee Marathon M5 mini specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.1
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 71 x 9.6mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 4000mAh battery
The Gionee Marathon M5 mini comes in Golden color, but no word on the price yet.
Commenting on the launch, Marketing Director, Somoye Habeeb, Gionee Nigeria, said:
Gionee focuses on innovation, efficiency and affordability in ways that other brands don’t. Having received a warm reception from the Nigerian market when we introduced the Gionee M5 a few months ago, Gionee is following up with the M5 Mini.
The Gionee M5 Mini as the name implies, is a compact version of the M5. It is just as effective and stylish, but more affordable. It can be considered a sequel to the highly durable M5, and is the latest phone to be released in Nigeria.