Obi Worldphone SF1, the company’s flagship smartphone was launched in India back in November last year. It went on flash sale starting December 7th, exclusively on Gadgets360, today the company has announced that it will be available from Amazon.in as well starting today. It packs a 5-inch 1080p display from JDI, which is slightly raised giving a floating feel, comes with 4G LTE connectivity, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 SoC, has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a fiberglass body and metal accents at the top and bottom of the phone. It is designed by San Francisco-based product studio Ammunition.
Obi Worldphone SF1 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) JDI In-Cell IPS floating glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, oleophobic coating
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) with Obi Lifespeed UI
- Hybrid Dual (micro + nano / microSD) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Dimensions: 146x74x8mm; Weight: 147g
- Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual-Band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh (built-in) battery
The Obi Worldphone SF1 comes in Black color and is priced at Rs. 11,999 for 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version, and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 13,999. Both the variants are available from Amazon.in. Check out our Obi Worldphone SF1 review if you are planning to get the smartphone.
Commenting on expansion of sales to Amazon, Neeraj Chauhan, Co-founder and CEO of Obi Worldphone, said:
We are thrilled to extend Obi SF1 to the Amazon.in platform to expand our reach within India, making our devices more widely available to young consumers. With our clutter-breaking, design-led approach extended to a global platform, we stay committed to making the Obi Worldphone a consumer’s delight.
Noor Patel, Director Category Management, Amazon India, said:
We are excited to partner with Obi Worldphone to launch the SF1 on Amazon.in, enabling an easy and convenient access to this great device for our customers across India. This aligns with our vision of enabling customers to find, discover and buy anything that they wish to buy online and have a delightful shopping experience every time they shop on Amazon.in. We are the fastest growing eCommerce marketplace in the country today and this tie-up is a validation of the faith customers as well as brands place in our platform.