Earlier this week Xiaomi confirmed that the Xiaomi Redmi 3 smartphone with a 5-inch display and metal body will be announced next week, few days after it got certified by TENAA in China. Now it has confirmed on weibo that it will come with a 4100mAh battery, dual SIM support and expandable memory up to 128GB This could come with dedicated SIM slots like the Motorola Moto X Play and Moto X Style smartphones in India.
It also said that the back has 4,000 diamond-shaped patterns, which is inspired by the stars in the night sky.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 rumored specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with micro SD
- MIUI based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 139.3×69.6×8.5mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4100mAh battery
We should know all the details about the Redmi 3 including the pricing at the announcement on January 12th, Tuesday.