Huawei has sent out press invites for the launch of Honor 5X smartphone on January 28th. It is the successor of one of the most popular Honor 4X smartphone that was launched in India last year. The teaser image shows the smartphone’s unibody metal build, rear camera sensor and the fingerprint sensor below the camera. The teaser has a caption Faster Better Stronger to mention that it has a faster processor with more RAM, better design and a stronger metal build compared to its predecessor, the Honor 4X.
The Honor 5X was introduced as Honor Play 5X in China few months back and packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display with 72.5% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 616 processor, runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with EMUI 3.1 on top, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a fingerprint sensor 2.0 on the back that can unlock the phone in under 0.5 seconds, also has dedicated dual SIM slots and comes with 4G connectivity.
Huawei Honor 5X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939) (4×1.5GHz + 4×1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM / 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with EMUI 3.1
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony / Samsung sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm wide-angle 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture, 22mm wide-angle lens, 1.4 micron pixel size
- Dimensions: 151.3×76.3×8.15mm; Weight: 158g
- Fingerprint sensor, Box speakers with Smart PA audio chip
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Huawei Honor 5X comes in Silver and Sunset Gold colors. It was launched in China back in October last year for 1399 Yuan (Rs. 14,250 approx.) for the 3GB RAM version and 999 Yuan (Rs. 10,175 approx.) for the 2GB RAM variant. We should know the pricing for India at the launch later this month.