Xiaomi has launched Redmi Note Prime, the company’s latest smartphone in the Redmi Note series in India, when everyone expected the Redmi Note 2 Prime. It packs a 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display, is powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 64-bit processor with Mali 450 GPU and runs on MIUI v7. Xiaomi said that it is the second Mi phone to be manufactured in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh, in partnership with Foxconn Technology Group.
Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display, 178-degree viewing angle
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with micro SD
- MIUI v7 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 154×78.7×9.45mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
- 3100mAh removable battery
Commenting on the launch, Manu Jain, India Head, Xiaomi said:
We are really happy to be able to deliver to our promise of continuously innovating and catering to the needs of our Mi Fans. With the launch of Redmi Note Prime, we are glad to provide our Mi Fans an opportunity to upgrade to an even more powerful smartphone with an expanded memory and dual-SIM capabilities. The 3100 mAh high-capacity battery, coupled with MIUI optimisations, has enabled Redmi Note Prime to achieve the most impressive battery performance yet. Local manufacturing shows Xiaomi’s commitment to being a part of fabric of India and we are truly excited to roll out our second ‘Made In India’ offering for our Mi fans.
Noor Patel, Director Category Management, Amazon India said:
We are excited to be the partner of choice for Xiaomi and offer our customers exclusive access to the new Redmi Note Prime. Xiaomi has been one of the most popular smartphone brands on Amazon.in, witnessing a continuous growth in demand. We see this as a great opportunity to offer customers across India the ease, convenience & joy of shopping for another great offering from the company.