Telefónica has partnered with BQ and Cyanogen Inc. to introduce Aquaris X5 smartphone running Cyanogen OS 12.1 in Europe. It packs a 5-inch HD screen, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 412 SoC, comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera that also has a LED flash for capturing better images in low lighting conditions. It has dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity with support for FDD LTE B20, B3,B1 and B7.
BQ Aquaris X5 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with NTSC 85% and Asahi Dragontrail glass protection
- 1.4 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 412 (MSM8916T) processor with 465 MHz Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Dual (nano) SIMs
- Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony IMX214 sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens,1/3.06″ sensor size and 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 4P lens, f/2.0 aperture, Samsung 5E2 sensor, LED flash
- Dimensions: 144.4 x 70.5 x 7.5 mm; Weight: 148g
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 2900 mAh battery
The BQ Aquaris X5 Cyanogen Edition will roll out in Spain starting today, and will arrive to Germany and the UK in the coming weeks. Throughout 2016, Telefónica will bring these devices to other countries in which it operates, the company said. It is also available through Movistar commercial network in Spain and is priced at 209 Euros (US$ 225 / Rs. 14870 approx.) without contract or with 24 months contract at 8.7 Euros per month.
The smartphone looks like a good deal for the price, hope BQ that already entered India few months back with Aquaris E4.5 and Aquaris E5 Ubuntu Edition smartphones will launch the new Cyanogen OS-powered phone in other markets including India soon.