Opera has updated its Android app to version 33 that brings new features, including new video compression feature, which shrinks the size of online videos. It also gets pull to refresh for discover, updated video controls and various UI, stability and usability improvements. Opera Mini has also been updated to version 12 adding new features. In addition, both Android browsers come with the new and upgraded Opera logo.
From the settings menu, you can tap to Data savings and tick the box next to Video compression to enable the new compression mode. Check out the complete changelog below.
New features in Opera 33 for Android
- New icons
- Video optimization: New video compression in the data-savings settings
- Updated video controls
- Pull-to-refresh the Discover feature
- Chromium upgrade to version 46
- Various UI, stability and usability improvements
New features in Opera Mini 12 for Android
- Updated context menu (long-press menu) design.
- Added a button to directly open downloads when they’ve finished.
- Added a button that allows you to switch to a newly-opened background tab.
- For those of you that use Facebook notifications, you can now see the sender’s profile photo.