Google unveiled Nexus 6P smartphones at an event last month. Today it has launched the Huawei-made smartphone in India, along with the Nexus 5X. The Nexus 6P packs a 5.7-inch Quad HD display at 518 PPI, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 v2.1 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 12.3-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, IR Laser assisted autofocus and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It has anodized aluminium body and is just 7.3mm thick.
It also has a fingerprint sensor called the Nexus Imprint on the back for secured lock and payments using Android pay. It comes with 4G LTE support, has dual front-facing speakers, 3GB of RAM and a 3450mAh built-in battery. It also has a reversible USB Type-C port and features always-on Google Now feature that works even when the screen is off.
Google Nexus 6P specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor ( 4x 1.6 GHz ARM A53 + 4 x 2 GHz ARM A57 ) with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Single nano SIM
- 12.3MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.55um pixels, IR Laser assisted autofocus, smart burst, 4K video recording, slow-motion at 240 fps
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.4um pixels
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3mm; Weight: 178g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual front-facing speakers
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO dual-band, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3450mAh battery
The Google Nexus 6P comes in Aluminium and Graphite colors and is priced at Rs. 39,999 for the 32GB version and Rs. 42,999 for the 64GB version. It will be available for pre-order from Flipkart starting from midnight today and goes on sale through Flipkart and offline stores such as Croma, Reliance Digital, The Mobile Store, Ezone,Sangeetha and Poorvika in key cities across India from October 21st. It also comes with free Chromecast worth Rs. 2999 or Logitech Bluetooth speaker worth Rs. 2,495 for early adopters, double data offer for Airtel customers and EMI offers on major credit cards.
Commenting on the launch, P. Sanjeev, Vice President Sales, Huawei India – Consumer Business Group, said:
We are proud to announce our association with Google for the new Nexus 6P. In its long and successfully journey, Huawei has been instrumental in changing the way people think about technology and the launch of the new smartphone is a testament of the journey. Taking a step forward, we are introducing Nexus 6P with latest software advancements to give an unmatchable experience and hopeful that new Nexus offering from Huawei and Google would prove to be a ‘Perfect Choice’ for Indian consumers.
Nexus fans can pre-book the Huawei Nexus 6P during the upcoming Big Billion Days Sale on Flipkart.com starting 13th October. We have made it super exciting; customers who pre-book can get additional 10% bank discount on select banks, a Chromecast and additional gifts.