HTC today introduced an upgraded One M9+ Aurora Edition smartphone with a better camera, along with the international version of the Butterfly 3, as expected. The One M9+ that was announced back in April and launched in India the same month has a 20.7MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 27.8mm lens and a secondary depth sensing camera, the new One M9+ Aurora Edition has a 21MP camera with 26.7mm lens, f/2.2 aperture and the secondary camera has been replaced by Laser Auto Focus for faster focus. It also has phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that further improves the camera’s focus and also includes Optical Image Stabilization (OIS).
Other specifications are similar to the original One M9+, including a 5.2-inch Quad HD screen, 2.2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio X10 64-bit processor, fingerprint sensor with multi-directional touch-based sensors, 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage with expansion slot and a 2840mAh built-in battery.
HTC One M9+ Aurora Edition specifications
- 5.2-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD display
- 2.2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) Octa-Core 64-bit processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android Lollipop with HTC Sense 7 UI
- 21MP rear camera with dual LED flash, OIS, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 26.7mm lens, 4K video recording
- Ultrapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 26.8mm lens, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 150.99 x 71.99 x 9.61 mm; Weight: 168g
- Dual front-facing BoomSound speakers with Dolby audio
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth and GPS with GLONASS
- 2840mAh battery
The New HTC One M9+ Aurora Edition comes in Gold, Silver, Black and Grey colors, is priced at NT $ 20,900 ( US$ 630 / Rs. 41,750 approx.) and will go on sale in Taiwan starting from October 15th. HTC did not announce any plans regarding the global roll out of the smartphone.