Motorola has announced Moto X Play along with the Moto X Style. It packs a 5.5-inch full HD display, is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor and runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) OS. It has a 21-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1080p video recording and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It packs a 3630mAh battery that promises up to 48 hours of battery life with mixed use and comes bundled with Motorola TurboPower 25 Charger that will offer quick charge within minutes. It also has water repellent coating, similar to other Motorola smartphones. It has Moto Voice, Moto Display, Moto Assist and Moto Actions.
Motorola Moto X Play specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 ( 4 x 1.1 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB /32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 148 x 75 x 8.9-10.9mm; Weight: 169 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 3630mAh battery
The Motorola Moto X Play comes in Black and White colors and supports replaceable flip shells and Moto Maker customization. It available starting in August in 55 countries across Europe, Latin America, and Canada, but it won’t be available in the US. Motorola has not announced the pricing or roll out details for Asia yet.