Motorola just announced the Moto X Style, a new smartphone in the Moto X series. It has a 5.7-inch (1440×2560 pixels) Quad HD display, is powered by a 1.8 GHz hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU and runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) OS. It has a 21-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash which supports 4K video recording and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash.
It comes bundled with Motorola TurboPower 25 Charger that will offer 10 hours of power in just 15 minutes. It also has Motorola’s X8 Mobile Computing System that combines the Snapdragon 808 to offer dedicated to Natural Language Processing, Contextual Computing including handling the phone’s multiple sensors. It also has water repellent coating, similar to other Motorola smartphones.
Motorola Moto X Style specifications
- 5.7 (1440×2560 pixels) TFT LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8 GHz hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16/32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 87-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture , 1.4um pixel
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 76.2 x 6.1 to 11.06 mm (curve); Weight: 179g
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- 3000mAh battery
The Motorola Moto X Style comes in Black and White colors and has support moto maker customization that will offer 18 different inlays that includes Premium Horween leather and Natural wood backs. Motorola has not announced the pricing for the Moto X Style yet. It will sell the smartphone as Moto X Pure Edition unlocked that will start at US$ 399.99 (Rs. 25,530 approx.). It will roll out in Europe, Latin America and North America starting from September 2015. Motorola said it will share the roll out details in Asia Pacific, including China and India later this year.