Huawei MediaPad M2 surfaced at the official Store in Paris last month. The company recently made the tablet official. It has a 8-inch Full HD IPS display with ClariVu display enhancement technology that intelligently switches modes according to the environment , is powered by a 2GHz Kirin 930 64-bit Octa-Core processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1 on top. It has a 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED flash, 2-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has 4G (cat.4) support.
It has unibody metal build, dual stereo speakers with harman/kardon audio, HIFI Codec Hi6402 for signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of 114dB, Smart Power Amplifier (PA) and Clari-Fi real audio technology offering enhanced audio experience for music, games and movies. The SWS 2.0 promises wider sound field by creating 180-degrees surround sound and a broader stereo effect.
Huawei MediaPad M2 8.0 specifications
- 8-inch (1920 × 1200 pixels) IPS display with 400nits brightness
- 2GHz Kirin 930 64-bit Octa-Core processor with Mali-T628 MP4 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB / 16GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1
- 8MP auto focus rear Camera with LED flash
- 2MP front-facing Camera
- Dimensions: 214.8 x 124 x 7.8mm; Weight: 330g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / aGPS
- 4800 mAh battery
The Huawei MediaPad M2 comes in Gold and Silver color and will first roll out in first in China, Western Europe and the South Pacific. After that it will be available in Russia, North and Eastern Europe and Japan. No details about the price yet. It also comes with optional magnetic smart cover that doubles up as a stand for convenient viewing.