Sony Mobile has announced the Xperia M4 Aqua Dual, its first mid-range waterproof smartphone in India. It was announced at the MWC 2015 earlier this year, and packs a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display, is powered by a 1.5 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has Sony’s signature OmniBalance design and has IP65 waterproof rating and IP68 dustproof rating. It has 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage with expansion slot, dual SIM support and 4G LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 40) connectivity.
Sony Xperia M4 Aqua Dual specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display
- 1.5 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) 64-bitprocessor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, up to 32GB expandable memory via microSD card
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 88-degree wide-angle lens, 720p video recording
- Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 72.59 x 7.3 mm; Weight: 135g
- IP65 (waterproof) and IP68 (dust proof)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- 2400mAh Battery
The Sony Xperia M4 Aqua comes in White, Black and Coral colors and is priced at Rs. 24990 in India. It goes on sale starting from today. We went hands-on with the smartphone at the MWC, check out the video below.