LG just announced that its LG Watch Urban, the company’s first all-metal luxury Android Wear smartwatch with be available through Google Store in North America, Europe and Asia starting this month. The Watch will come pre-installed with the latest Android Wear OS that brings Wi-Fi, hand-drawn emojis, ability to change the font size, lock automatically when it is removed from the wrist and more.
It has a 1.3-inch (320 x 320 pixels) P-OLED Display with narrower bezel, has a 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 SoC, 512MB RAM and 4GB internal storage. It is dust and water resistant and can stay in water up to meter deep for 30 minutes, packs a 410mAh battery and also has photoplethysmography (PPG) sensor to measure heartbeats.
LG Watch Urbane specifications
- 1.3-inch P-OLED Display (320 x 320), 245ppi
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 512MB LPDDR2 RAM, 4GB eMMC
- Android Wear OS (compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 and above)
- Size: 45.5 x 52.2 x 10.9mm
- Dust and Water Resistant (IP67)
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro/ Accelerometer/ Compass), Barometer, PPG (Heart Rate Sensor)
- 410mAh battery
The LG Watch Urbane will roll out in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States through Google Store starting this month through Google Store. It will be available in Korea starting tomorrow, April 24 at 396,000 Korean Won ( US$ 365 / Rs. 23,010 approx.). Pricing for other countries would be announced locally at the time of launch, says LG. We went hands-on with the Watch Urbane at the MWC last month, check out the video.