Xiaomi has launched its Redmi 2 smartphone in India as it promised. It has a 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS fully laminated display from Sharp/AUO, is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with MIUI 6 on top. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has support for TD-LTE 2300MHz (Band 40) and FDD-LTE 1800MHz (Band 3) for India. Both the SIM slots support 4G, unlike the Lenovo A6000 that supports 4G in only one slot.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with AGC Dragontrail Glass protection
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GB
- Dual SIM
- MIUI v6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2200mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 comes in pink, yellow, green, grey and white colors and is priced at Rs. 6,999. It will be available starting from March 24th though flash sale on Flipkart, registrations will begin today at 6PM. Xiaomi will launch the 2GB RAM with 16GB memory variant for India soon, but exact time frame is not available yet. Check out our Redmi 2 unboxing and benchmarks. We will bring you the complete review of the smartphone soon.