Asus has announced Zenfone C (ZC451CG), the company’s latest budget smartphone in the Zenfone series in Malaysia. It has almost similar specifications as the Asus Zenfone 4 (A450CG) that was launched last year, but the camera has been downgraded to 5-megapixel and the battery has been upgraded to 2100mAh. This was leaked through several certification websites last month.
Other specifications are similar to the Zenfone 4 A450CG, including a 4.5-inch FWVGA IPS screen, dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor, Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Zen UI, VGA front-facing camera, 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal storage with expansion slot.
Asus Zenfone C (ZC451CG) specifications
- 4.5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) IPS display with anti-fingerprint coating
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor with PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB via microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Zen UI
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 136.5x67x10.9mm; Weight: 149g
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2100mAh battery
Asus Zenfone C comes in Black, White and Red colors and is priced at RM 349 (Rs. 5950 / US$97 approx.) in Malaysia. This replaces the Zenfone 4 in the county, but Asus has not revealed any details regarding the global roll out.