Huawei just announced the Honor 6 Plus at an event in China. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p screen with 72.8% screen-to-body ratio and 2.8mm slim bezels on the sides, is powered by a Octa-Core (4×1.8GHz + 4×1.3GHz) Hisilicon Kirin 925 processor with i3 low-power sensor and runs on Android 4.4 with Huawei’s own Emotion UI 3.0 on top. The main highlight is its dual 8-megapixel cameras on the back with dual LED flashes for effective pixel size to 1.98 microns resulting in sharper images, and an adjustable aperture that can be set between f/0.95 and f/16. It also promises ultra-fast auto focus speed of 0.1 seconds.
It even has a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes with Cat.6 LTE support that has NFC support for payments, comes with dual SIM support out of which one doubles up as a microSD card slot. It comes with 100GB of lifetime Huawei cloud storage. There are separate models for China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom.
Huawei Honor 6 Plus specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) in-cell LTPS display with 10-finger multi-touch
- Octa-Core (4×1.8GHz Cortex A15 4×1.3GHz Cortex A7) Hisilicon Kirin 925 processor with Mali T628-MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB/ 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Emotion UI 3.0
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- Dual 8MP camera rear cameras with, F2.0 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera, F2.4 aperture, Sony BSI sensor, 5P lens
- Dimensions: 150.46 x 75.68 x 7.5; Weight: 165g
- IR LED for remote control
- 4G LTE Cat6 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS / GLONASS
- 3600mAh battery
The Huawei Honor 6 Plus comes in Black, White and Gold colors. It is priced at 1999 yuan ( US$ 325 / Rs. 20,650 approx.) for the 16GB 3G variant and the 32GB 4G LTE variant with NFC costs 2499 yuan ( US$ 400 / Rs. 25,830 approx.) . It will be available for pre-order in China from December 17 and goes on sale on December 23rd.