Lenovo has announced Vibe X2, the company’s latest smartphone in the X series at the IFA 2014. It has a 5-inch 1080p display, powered by a 2 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6595 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (Kitkat) with Vibe UI 2.0 on top with personalized lock screen, Instant On camera, transparent icons and more . It has a 13-megapixel auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash and a 5-megapixel wide-angle front-facing camera. It comes with dual SIM support in Asia Pacific region and single SIM support in other regions.
The main highlight is its tri-layer design, and Lenovo says that it is the world’s first layered smartphone with gradient three layer design. It has new innovative click-on accessories, known as VIBE Xtensions, VIBE X2 Battery and VIBE X2 speaker. The Xtension cases add a fourth layer to the VIBE X2’s multi-layer design.The 5.1mm X2 Battery protects the phone and extends the battery life up to 75 percent and the VIBE X2 speaker offers better audio and has built-in mic for group conference calls.
Lenovo Vibe X2 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- 2.0 GHz MediaTek MT6595M Octa-Core processor
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory
- Android 4.4 Kitkat with Vibe UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (In Asia Pacific)
- 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with wide angle lens
- Dimensions – 140.2 X 68.6 X 7.27mm; Weight: 120g
- 4G LTE/ 3G, Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 , GPS
- 2300mAh battery
The Lenovo Vibe X2 comes in White, Red, Gold and Dark Grey colors and is priced at US$399 (Rs. 24,000 approx.). It would be available first in China starting in October and would roll out in Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe and the Middle East in countries later.