Samsung has launched Galaxy S5 4G, the LTE variant of the Galaxy S5 that was launched in India earlier this year, as expected. It is powered by 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 SoC with Adreno 330 GPU and comes with support for 8 LTE bands – B1 (2,100), B2 (1,900), B3 (1,800), B5 (850), B7 (2,600), B8 (900), B40 (2,300) and B28 (700).
Other features are similar to the 3G variant including 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display, Android 4.4 (KitKat) and IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
Commenting on the new launch, Asim Warsi, Vice President – Marketing, Mobile & IT, Samsung India said,
We are excited to introduce our first 4G variant of the Galaxy S5 in India with a powerful processor, stunning display and faster connectivity for an unmatched user experience. We expect the 4G version to catch the imagination of technology enthusiasts and professionals, who demand superior smartphones for their heavy multimedia content consumption.
Samsung Galaxy S5 4G Specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 SoC with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and Ultra HD video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
The Samsung Galaxy S5 4G comes in Copper Gold, Charcoal Black and Shimmery White colors. It would be available for Rs. 53,500 (MOP) and would go on sale in 4G service enabled markets across India from July 20th. Samsung offers 5GB of 4G data/month free for 2 months for Airtel subscribers.