Acer announced the higher mid-range Android smartphone – Acer Liquid Jade at the Computex 2014 event in Taipei. The phone comes bundled with Acer Liquid Leap fitness band in certain markets. The Acer Liquid Jade seems to be the exact combination of the mid-range smartphone being powered by a MediaTek quad-core processor and a 720p HD 5inch screen.
We are live from Taipei and we spent some time with the smartphone and managed to get a few photos of the smartphone. The summary of the specifications of the smartphone are as follows
- 5-inch (1280 × 720 pixels) capacitive touchscreen IPS display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 140.5 x 69 x 7.5 mm
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and aGPS
- 2100 mAh battery
On the front, we have the display above which there is the usual arrangement of the front facing camera, earpiece and the proximity and ambient sensor combination.
The bezels on the side of the display are very thin and there are no physical buttons. Navigation is restricted to on-screen buttons.
The right side of the device has the volume rocker.
The left side houses a closed compartment for the microSD card slot.
The back of the phone has a glossy plastic finish that is a fingerprint and scratch magnet.
Monish Kumar contributed to this report