Asus launched the Fonepad 7, a 7-inch tablet with 3G and voice calling capabilities in India last year. The has sent us a press invite for the launch of Asus Fonepad 7 Dual SIM (ME175CG) with dual SIM support in India on April 15th. It was announced at the MWC 2014 earlier this year and packs a 7-inch (1280 x 800) HD LED Backlit IPS display, but this is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean).
Other features are similar to the single-SIM variant including a 5-megapixel rear camera with 1080p full HD video recording and a 1.2 MP front-facing camera, SonicMaster audio technology and 3G HSPA+ connectivity along with voice calling capabilities.
Asus Fonepad 7 Dual SIM specifications
- 7-inch (1280 x 800) HD LED Backlit IPS display with 10 finger multi-touch
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2520 processor with 300 MHz PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- Dual SIM with dual standby (micro SIMs)
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- 5MP rear camera with 1080p Full HD video recording
- 1.2MP front-facing camera with 720p Video Recording
- 11.35mm thick and weighs 340g
- 1GB RAM, 8GB GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB via micro SD
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS
- 3950mAh battery with up to 28 hours of 3G talk time and up to 35 days of standby
The Asus Fonepad 7 Dual SIM comes in gray and white colors. We will know the pricing and the availability at the launch next week. Asus would also showcased the other Fonepad tablets at the event.