Acer Liquid Z5 with 5-inch display, 1.3 GHz dual-core processor announced
Acer has unveiled the Liquid Z5, successor of the Liquid Z3 that was launched last year. It has a 5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) FWVGA capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572 processor with Mali 400 GPU and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It comes with a 5-megapixel rear camera with 5 elements f2.4 lens, LED flash and a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera. It comes with dual SIM support with dual standby.
It has DTS Sound technology and Acer RAPID design for one-hand control to unlock and/or wake-up the screen, launch the camera, take a picture, launch apps from home screen and pick up phone calls easily. It has Quick Mode profiles such as Basic Mode, Senior Mode, Classic mode and Keypad mode. It has Acer Float User Interface that allows app windows to stay open for better multitasking.
Acer Liquid Z5 specifications
- 5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1.3 GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572 processor with Mali 400 GPU
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- Dual SIM
- 8.8 mm thick and weighs 147 grams
- 5MP rear camera with 5 elements f2.4 lens and LED flash
- 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera.
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR and GPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB
- 2000 mAh battery
The Acer Liquid Z5 comes in Essential White and Gentle Grey colors and would be available starting from mid-January in France, Benelux, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Ukraine and UK at a suggested price of 169 Euros (Rs. 14,400). Acer would also sell flip and protection cases for the device separately.