Samsung has sent us an invite for a smartphone launch on Monday, December 23rd, 2013. The invite just says “New GALAXY Smartphone Launch” without giving any hint about the smartphone. Since there are no new smartphones for Samsung to launch in India and it had already released the new Galaxy S Duos 2, it is likely to launch the Grand 2 next week. The Galaxy Grand that was launched earlier this year was one of the popular mid-range smartphone in this year. The Grand 2 with better display, faster processor more RAM and a larger battery would definitely attract more customers in the mid-range segment.
The Galaxy Grand 2 was announced last month and packs a 5.25-inch (1280 x 720 Pixels) capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8-megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash and a 1.9-megapixel HD front-facing camera. It comes with dual-SIM capabilities, packs 1.5GB RAM and a 2,600 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 specifications
- 5.25-inch (1280 x 720 Pixels) capacitive touch screen display with 16:9 aspect ratio
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) OS
- Dual SIM
- 8.9 mm thick and weighs 163 grams
- 8MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1.5GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.0, GPS/GLONASS
- 2600 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 has a faux leather finish on the back, similar to the Galaxy Note 3 and comes with dual SIM support. We should know the pricing at the event on Monday.