mPassport Seva for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone offers Passport related information
The Ministry of External Affairs had launched the mPassport Seva mobile app on Android platform, as a pilot, on 21st March 2013, now it has released the app for iPhone and Windows Phone devices too. The app enables Indian Citizens to access passport-related information on their smartphones including status tracking, locating a Passport Office and other general information. It is executed in Public-Private-Partnership mode with Tata Consultancy Services.
Feature of mPassport Seva for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone
- Provides information on various steps involved to obtain a passport related service and where to call in case of queries or concerns.
- Search for a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or District Passport Cell (DPC).
- Citizens living overseas can find out relevant information about the Missions/Posts abroad.
- Search for Police Stations as well in select states and districts
- Fee Calculator feature of the application enables users to find out the required fee based on the service and mode of submission.
- Track status of passport applications using file number and date of birth.
- Track delivery status for dispatched passports