Samsung F490 Highend Imaging Phone Launched
Samsung F490 Now days, mobile phones having 2 mega-pixel camera phones have become passé. Mobiles now have cameras embedded with auto focus, Xenon flash, point and shoot functionalities. Nokia and Sony Ericsson have always been on the top when it comes to high-end imaging phones rather Nokia is the leader followed by Sony Ericsson.
Other mobile handset companies are also entering into this race of high-end imaging phones. Samsung Mobile, has launched the Samsung F490, a 5 med touch screen camera phone, The company didn’t talk much about the phone in the on going CES2008. Anyways these are the official specs of this imaging monster:
· Tri band GSM (900/1800/1900), UMTS 2100, HSDPA 3.6 Mbps
· 3.2″ 262K Color 16:9 Wide Full Touch Display with Haptics feedback
· Croix interface
· 5 mpx camera, video recording (MPEG4, QVGA at 15 fps)
· Video playback at 30 fps
· 130 MB of Internal memory
· microSD card slot
· Bluetooth 2.0 (A2DP+AVRCP)
· Dimensions: 115 x53.5 x11.8 mm
· Weight: 102g
It seems companies like Samsung are thinking to take Nokia and Sony Ericsson in the mobile imaging market. Given the kind of resolution Samsung mobile screens have, the images clicked by the 5meg-pixel camera of F490 will surely look great.