Panasonic P51 with 5-inch HD display, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor launched in India for Rs. 26990
Panasonic has launched the P51, the company’s first smartphone in India, as we reported recently. The P51 has a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with scratch resistant Asahi Dragontrail glass, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. The camera has beauty retouch, smile detection and more features. It comes with dual SIM support with dual standby and also includes magnetic flip-cover and a stylus. Pre-loaded apps include, WeChat, ET, Open Office, TOI, Cam Scanner, Business Card reader and more.
The phone is aimed at the young generation. Panasonic has partnered with Jaina Marketing as the Strategic Partner for Marketing, Distribution and Customer Support. The company aims at 8% market share in the smartphone category. Panasonic would launch 8 more smartphones priced between Rs. 6,990 and Rs. 35,000 and tablets in India in coming months.
Panasonic P51 Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with scratch resistant Asahi Dragontrail glass
- 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 8.5mm thick and weighs 135 grams
- 8MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 1.3MP 720p front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Compass (magnetometer), accelerometer, proximity and ambient light sensors
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD
- 3G HSDPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/A-GPS
- 2500 mAh battery with up to 23 hours talk time on 2G, up to 40 hours music playback
The Panasonic P51 comes in Black and White colors and is priced at Rs. 26,990. It would be available from retail chain stores, multi-brand outlets and distributors across India starting from next week.
Shilpa Dhamija contributed to this report