Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with 7-inch display, Android 4.1 announced
Samsung has announced the Galaxy Tab 3, successor of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 that was unveiled last year. This has a similar 7-inch (1024×600) TFT LCD display, but it is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box. It has a 3-megapixel fixed focus rear-facing camera and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera. It would come in Wi-Fi only and 3G variants similar to the previous tablets that would also support voice calling. It also comes with better connectivity support.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 specifications
- 7-inch (1024×600) TFT capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 3MP rear camera
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 9.9mm thick and weighs 302g (Wi-Fi), 306g (3G)
- 1GB RAM, 8 /16GB internal memory and microSD card slot.
- 3G HSPA+,WiFi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), WiFi Channel Bonding, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 3.0 and GPS + GLONASS
- 4,000 mAh battery.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 WiFi variant would go on sale globally starting this May and the 3G version would be available in June. No word on pricing yet.