Samsung Galaxy Y Plus has surfaced on the official Samsung India website. Samsung announced the Galaxy Pocket in March last year, that launched in India in April. Details of the Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus (GT-S5301) surfaced earlier this year, but Samsung did not announce it officially. The Samsung Galaxy Y Plus (GT-S5303) looks like a Dual SIM version of the leaked Galaxy Pocket Plus for India.
It has a 2.8-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixels) capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 850 MHz processor and runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Even though RAM is not mentioned, according to the earlier rumors it is expected to come with 512MB of RAM, instead of 384MB in the Galaxy Pocket.
Samsung Galaxy Y Plus specifications
- 2.8-inch (240 x 320 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 850 MHz processor
- 2MP camera
- 3G HSPA 7.2 Mbps, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, aGPS
- 4GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with MicroSD.
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1200 mAh battery
No details about the pricing or the availability yet, but we can expect it to launch in India in coming weeks.