Micromax unveiled the A116 Canvas HD with a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display and a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor last month. It is expected to go on sale in the first week of February, now they have announced that the phone would go on sale from February 14th. The phone runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and packs a 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and a 2MP front-facing camera.
Micromax A116 Canvas HD Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 16.7 million color display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with dual standby
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 10.7mm thick and weighs 156 grams
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory (1.77 GB user memory), 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD
- 3G (HSDPA: 21Mbps, HSUPA: 11Mbps), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/A-GPS
- 2000 mAh battery
Still there is no exact pricing, but as Micromax already said, it would be priced below Rs.15,000. Micromax partnered with Snapdeal for A110 pre-bookings, this time Micromax has announced that the A116 would be available only on micromaxinfo.com from 14th February. Looks like they’ll start the pre-bookings for the phone soon.
Check out our Micromax A116 Canvas HD hands-on.