Flipboard for Android officially launches, gets Google+ and YouTube support
Flipboard for Android is now out of beta testing and is now available from the Google Play Store, Amazon and Barnes & Noble Nook App Store. The Flipboard beta app was launched last month. It also brings support Google+ and YouTube. Still there is no Soundcloud support that was recently available in the recent update for iPhone and iPad app.
Features in Flipboard for Android
- Search for anything—people, topics, hashtags, blogs, your favorite sites—and flip through articles, updates, photos and videos in a beautiful magazine format.
- Connect Flipboard to 12 social networks including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Google Reader, LinkedIn, Flickr, 500px, Sina Weibo and Renren.
- Get a quick dose of what’s happening now, in Cover Stories, a constantly updated selection of articles, photos and videos shared by your friends.
- Save anything to read later using Instapaper, Pocket and Readability.
- Create a Flipboard account to access your favorite content and social networks on different or shared devices.
- Enjoy Flipboard in 14 localized editions—for Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Spain, Taiwan, U.S. and U.K.
- Explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide, including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other topics of interest.
- Access Flipboard quickly through the widget.