Airtel Money – Mobile Payment Service launched
Airtel has launched it’s mobile payment service under the Airtel Money banner. The service is initially available in Gurgaon. This is the first time a Mobile Operator has launched such a similar in India.Airtel already inked tieups with several merchants in Gurgaon including coffee shops, restaurants etc. to accept payments. The service will gradually be scaled to over 3,000 merchants in the city.“The mobile phone is fast emerging as a device that enables our lives in more than many ways. Taking this a step further, we are proud to launch airtel money as a first-of-its-kind service from a telecom operator, that transforms the mobile phone into a secure and convenient wallet which customers can use to load money and use it for shopping and making payments. We see a huge potential for mCommerce services in India and are confident that the launch of airtel money will facilitate a paradigm shift in the way consumers transact” said Mr. Atul Bindal, President – Mobile Services, Bharti airtel
This is how you can start using the Airtel Money Service
- Register by filling in the application form and submitting KYC documents (2 photocopies of proof-of-identity, 1 copy of proof-of-address and a passport size photograph).
- After the above, your existing airtel SIM will be upgraded to the new 64K airtel SIM with airtel money.
- Activate your airtel money account by choosing your MPIN.
- Load cash into your airtel money account by visiting your nearest airtel retailer
- You are now ready to send commands through the airtel money application on your phone and transact anytime, anywhere!
airtel money has been launched in Gurgaon first and will soon be launched in Delhi NCR and several other key cities in India. To know more about the service customers can dial 12121 (toll free) and non-airtel mobile customers can dial 8800012121