OPPO launched the A83 earlier this year. Today it has launched OPPO A83 (2018), an upgraded version with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. Other specifications are same, including the 5.7 HD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display, MediaTek Helio P23 SoC with 3GB RAM, 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with support for A.I beauty technology that scan 200 facial recognition spots to beautify a selfie shot perfectly as well as face unlock to unlock the phone quickly.
It has dedicated dual SIM slots and microSD slots and packs a 3180mAh battery. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
OPPO A83 (2018) specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) 18:9 HD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions:150.5 × 73.1 × 7.7mm; Weight: 143g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3180mAh (typical) / 3090mAh (minimum) battery
Commenting on the launch, Will Yang, Brand Director, OPPO India, said:
We are focused towards offering our young consumers the best photography and Selfie experience which brings us to our Selfie Expert A Series and F Series. With the A83, we received immense response, and wanted to go a step further in bringing an affordable selfie camera with advanced features hence the A83 2018. We hope that the A83 2018 with its amazing AI technology, upgraded storage, better performance and amazing color options will help our young consumers click amazing memories with friends and family.