After Camon i and Camon i Air, China-based Transsion Holdings’ TECNO Mobile today launched Camon i Air Sky, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India. It has a 5.65-inch HD+ 18:9 FullView display, is powered by quad-core MediaTek processor and runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) with the company’s own HiOS on top along with a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It also has 2GB RAM and 16GB storage, features a fingerprint sensor on the back, has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots, and packs a 3050mAh battery.
Tecno Camon i Sky specifications
- 5.45-inch (960 x 480 pixels) FWVGA+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.28GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6739 64-bit processor with PowerVR Rogue GE8100 GP
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with HiOS
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3050mAh battery
The Tecno Camon i Sky comes in Black and Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 7,499 and is available from offline retail stores across the country. Wonder why would anyone go for this when Redmi 5 at Rs. 7999 offers a better value for money.
Commenting on the launch, Gaurav Tikoo, Sr. Vice President Marketing TRANSSION India said:
The launch of Camon i Sky is pivotal in strengthening our portfolio and ensuring that we have robust offerings at key price points. Camon i Sky will be the flag bearer of superlative camera capabilities. We believe in challenging the norm and creating better experiences whether it is through our products or marketing interventions, the recent Kings XI Punjab association works well as a part of the overall game plan to reach out to the right audience with robust offerings.