Samsung has announced W2018 (SM-W2018 ), its latest premium Android Flip phone in China to celebrate 25th anniversary of its entry into China. It has dual 4.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED displays, so that you can use the phone even when it’s closed, is powered by Snapdragon 835 with 6GB RAM and has a 12-megapixel rear camera with variable aperture tech that uses f/1.5 aperture for night shots for a brighter picture and f/2.4 aperture for normal shots in daytime. It also comes with dual-pixel auto-focus and optical image stabilization.
It has a 3D glass and metal design, comes with a Multi-function hotkey in the keyboard. It has same design as the Flagship 8 (SM-G9298) that was introduced back in August, but the fingerprint sensor on the back that was below the camera has been moved next to the camera.
Samsung W2018 specifications
- 4.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED dual displays
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB / 256GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.5 or f2.4 aperture, PDAF, 1.4μm pixels, OIS
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor
- Dimensions: 132.2 × 63.2 × 15.95mm; Weight: 247g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2300mAh battery
The Samsung W2018 comes in Gold and Silver colors and will go on sale mainly from China Telecom. No word on the pricing or availability yet.