When everyone is waiting for the Redmi Note 5, Xiaomi just sent out invites for the announcement of Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus smartphones at an event in China on December 7th. The company has also teased the smartphone in several images that confirm its design. New smartphones with model numbers MDT1 and MDE1 have been certified by TENAA today with 18:9 displays, so this will likely be the Redmi 5.
This shows a similar design as the teaser and packs a 5.7-inch HD+ full-screen display, is powered by a 1.8GHz Octa-Core processor so this could be Snapdragon 450. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back and features an unibody metal design. The Redmi 5 Plus is rumored to come with Snapdragon 625 SoC and pack 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 rumored specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151.8 × 72.8 × 7.7mm; Weight: 157g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3200mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus are expected to come in Black, Rose Gold, Gold, White, Blue, Red, Pink, Gray and Silver colors. We should know the price when the phones go official next Thursday.