Western Digital Corporation has launched new SanDisk Dual Drive with micro-USB and USB 2.0 ports for Android smartphones and tablets. It is the successor of the SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive that was launched back in 2014, but this has a more compact design. It is available up to 128GB capacities, compared to 64GB in the predecessor.
This is designed for Android smartphones and tablets so that you can easily transfer files from you PC or Laptop to mobile devices with USB on-the-go (OTG) support.
Features of SanDisk Dual USB Drive
- Transfer files from an Android smartphone or tablet to your PC or Mac
- Micro-USB connector on one side and USB 2.0 connector on the other
- Data storage capacity from 16GB up to 128GB
- SanDisk Memory Zone 3.0 app has new features including an aggregated view of all content, a new timeline based photo browser, an integrated video and music player and built-in file compression and decompression capabilities
- USB drive is automatically detected when used with compatible devices
The SanDisk Dual Drive comes in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities at MRP of Rs. 700, Rs. 1150, Rs. 2000 and Rs. 3500 respectively, but you can get it from Flipkart for as low as Rs. 549 and from Amazon.in at Rs. 639, Rs. 915 and Rs. 1799 for 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants, respectively. It is also available from retail outlets across the country.
Commenting on the launch, Khalid Wani, Managing Director India at Western Digital, said:
With the increasing smartphone penetration in the rural and urban markets, there is an increased need for easy data transfer solutions. Our endeavor is to deliver the best and the most reliable products to consumers. The new SanDisk Dual Drive is yet another testimony of our commitment to the Indian consumers. Paired with the SanDisk Memory Zone app, we have an excellent solution to help users free up space and manage their photos, videos and files across their favorite devices.