Asus has started teasing the launch of Zenfone AR smartphone that it compatible with both Tango AR platform and Google’s Daydream VR platform. Even though this might be the world’s first smartphone with 8GB of RAM, the OnePlus 5 that is launching in India on June 22nd will be the first smartphone in the country with 8GB RAM.
It has a 23-megapixel main camera with a motion tracking camera and a depth sensing camera that supports Tango’s AR capabilities. It also comes with a new “immersive” five-magnet speaker that supports High-Res Audio and DTS virtual surround sound.
Asus Zenfone AR (ZS571KL) Specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display, NTSC over 100%, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 2.3GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4 RAM,32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Zen UI 3.0
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS, Laser AF
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-viewing angle
- Fingerprint sensor
- Built-in Mono 5 magnet speaker, ASUS SonicMaster 3.0, DTS Headphone: X for virtual 7.1 surround sound Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24-bit standard, NXP Smart AMP technology
- Dimensions: 158.67 x 77.7 x 4.6 ~ 8.95 mm; Weight:170g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac5 GHz 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Asus Zenfone AR comes in Black. We should know the launch date soon.