LG has announced new LG G6+ smartphone with 128GB storage and support for Qi wireless charging (in some countries) along with the LG G6 32GB version in Korea. The LG G6 comes in Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Mystic White colors, but the new LG G6+ comes in Optical Astro Black, Optical Terra Gold and Optical Marine Blue colors.
The LG G6 32GB version comes in Optical Marine Blue and Optical Terra Gold colors, in addition to Mystic White. The back of the phone changes in color when the light is reflected on it at a certain angle since they are covered with a lenticular film to deliver a mesmeric optical effect.
Other specifications are same as the original LG G6. LG also said that all the G6 variants will get software updates simultaneously. A new update will add motion recognition for face recognition function that recognizes the user’s face, even if the screen is turned off, so the phone can be unlocked easily. It will also add a new low-power algorithm powered by Qualcomm’s All-Ways Aware technology that lowers standby power when a user is not using the phone by knowing the user’s location and movement.
Covered Lens warning will inform you when a wide-angle camera is used, so it prevent fingers from blocking the camera when the taking a photo. Other features include automatic call recording, which automatically records calls from or to a specific person once you set it up, and fine volume control that lets you adjust the volume when using the Hi-Fi Quad DAC.
LG G6 / G6+ specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ LCD display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, 564 PPI
- Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0, Google Assistant
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS 2.0, 4K video recording, 71-degree-wide angle lens, secondary rear camera with 125-degree lens
- 5MP front camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 163g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qi wireless charging (Only in LG G6+)
The LG G6+ and the LG G6 32GB versions will be available through three major domestic carriers in South Korea next month. Pricing will be revealed at that time."LG G6+ with 128GB storage, wireless charging and LG G6 32GB version in new colors announced",