Bose has launched new SoundLink Revolve and SoundLink Revolve+ portable Bluetooth speakers that promise true omni-directional performance with 360 degree sound. These feature an IPX4-rating to withstand spills, rain, and pool splashes; and rugged durability to survive dings, drops, and bumps.
These also have NFC, feature plain-language voice-prompts, and integrate microphones to use as a speakerphone, or with Siri and Google Assistant. Bose Connect app now syncs two SoundLinks — any combination, for any models starting with the SoundLink Color II. New Stereo Mode enables left-right pairing, and new Party Mode lets you play the same music on both simultaneously.
Highlights of Bose SoundLink Revolve and SoundLink Revolve+
- Engineered to deliver deep, loud, immersive sound from a small speaker, true 360 degree sound for consistent, uniform coverage, seamless aluminum body is durable and water-resistant (IPX4)
- Enjoy up to 12 hours of play time in SoundLink Revolve and up to 16 hours of play time in SoundLink Revolve+ from a rechargeable, lithium-ion battery, wireless Bluetooth pairing with voice prompts, take calls and access siri or google now right from your speaker
- Pair two speakers together for stereo or party mode playback, multi-connect to two devices to easily swap who controls the music, easily manage Bluetooth connections, unlock features and access future updates with the Bose connect app
- NFC pairing for easy connectivity to your NFC-enabled devices, attach to almost any tripod with the threaded universal mount, easy charging via micro-B USB port, auxiliary input allows you to connect to other audio sources, available in triple black or lux grey, optional charging cradle provides a home base and keeps the speaker charged
- Threaded universal mount, micro-B USB port, auxiliary input , black or grey and optional charging cradle
- A flexible fabric handle makes SoundLink Revolve+ easy to move.
The SoundLink Revolve and SoundLink Revolve+ Bluetooth speakers come in Triple Black and Lux Gray colors and are priced at Rs. 19,900 and Rs. 24,500, respectively. These are already available for order from Amazon.in and will be available from Bose stores, Bose.com and authorized Bose dealers starting May 26, 2017.
Regarding the design of the SoundLink Revolve speakers, Bose said:
To offer a true experience, acoustic package was developed first, then matched with the cylindrical shape it required, and a single-piece aluminum enclosure. There’s no “front” or “back,” because Revolve speakers don’t have to be pointed to favor one location over another.
They combine dual-opposing passive-radiators with a powerful, ultra-efficient transducer — positioned face-down — and a new patented acoustic deflector. With an added “pressure trap” to eliminate distortion, the result is dramatic. Sound radiates uniformly in every direction, with deep, rich bass — and without the sweet spots and frequency drop-offs of conventional 360-degree speakers.
Set in the middle of the room, a corner, or anywhere in between, Revolve speakers deliver the same experience for everyone. Music is spacious, clear, and when you want — remarkably loud.