After starting pre-registrations recently, LG has sent out invites for the launch of its flagship G6 smartphone in the country on April 24th. It was introduced at MWC 2017 event in Barcelona back in February and the global roll out started earlier this month.
The G6 has 13-megapixel dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, OIS 2.0, manual mode, 125-degree lens for secondary camera and a secondary 5-megapixel front camera with 100-degree wide angle lens. It has IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance that makes it safe to be immersed in up to 1.5 meters of water for as long as 30 minutes.
It is the first smartphone to feature Dolby Vision technology. It also supports HDR 10, both of which are standards for High Dynamic Range (HDR), the picture quality technology which allows for a wider range of color and luminosity, wherein both the darkest and the brightest areas are more vivid, revealing greater detail for a truly immersive viewing experience.
LG G6 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ LCD display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, 564 PPI
- Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0, Google Assistant
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS 2.0, 4K video recording, 71-degree-wide angle lens, secondary rear camera with 125-degree lens
- 5MP front camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 163g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The LG G6 comes in Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Mystic White colors. We will know the price when it launches on Monday."LG G6 launching in India on April 24",