Fossil-owned Misfit has introduced Flare, its latest budget fitness tracker, which is water resistant up to 50 meters. It automatically tracks steps taken, distance traveled, and calories burned. It can also track activities such as running, walking, yoga, swimming, soccer, basketball, tennis and more. It has a aluminum case, a capacitive touch sensor and a single LED light beneath a crystal face. This lets you easily check your progress throughout the day by simply double tapping the device. Since this is a budget tracker, it lacks a heart rate sensor.
The LED indicator light lets you know how close you are to reaching your activity goal: 1 flash is 25%, 2 is 50%, 3 is 75%, and shows a pleasing light animation once you reach your goal. Since this uses a replaceable coin cell, it lasts up to 4 months. It can also track swimming laps, powered by Speedo, with a $9.99 in-app upgrade.
Misfit Flare specifications
- White LED /Multi-color LED display
- Water resistant (Up to 5 ATM)
- Capacitive Touch-Sensor
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Vibrating Feedback & Alarms
- Smart Button Function using the Link App
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer and magnetometer
- Dimensions: 24 x 8 mm: Weight 8.5 g (with battery)
- Measures: Steps, Calories Burned, Distance, Activity Types, Sleep Quality and Duration
- Panasonic CR1632 coin cell with up to 4 months battery life
The Misfit Flare is priced at $59.99 (Rs. 3880 approx.) and is currently available in the U.S.