BlackBerry has officially announced the DTEK60, its latest flagship Android smartphone, few weeks after it announced that it will cease in-house smartphone production. It has a 5.5-inch Quad HD screen, is powered by a Snapdragon 820 processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has a 21-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash.
It has secure bootloader that uses multi-stage verification to ensure that the Android OS hasn’t been tampered with, in order to protect business data against hackers rooting the device. All data stored on the phone are protected with FIPS 140-2 encryption, and the DTEK app lets you monitor and fix privacy violations. It also has a Fingerprint Sensor for added security and convenience when unlocking the device, accessing Password Keeper app, and making purchases, including with Android Pay.
BlackBerry DTEK60 specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K Video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.125um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens, LED flash
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.4 x 7 mm; Weight: 165g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The BlackBerry DTEK60 is priced at US$499 (Rs. 33,340 approx.) / £475 / CA$ $650 / € 579 and is available from BlackBerry online store in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands. Availability in other countries will be announced in the coming weeks."BlackBerry DTEK60 with 5.5-inch Quad HD display, Snapdragon 820, 4GB RAM announced for $499",