Android Market Finally Hits 50,000 Apps
Here is a good news for all the Android users out there. Android Market had 16,000 apps in December 2009 and nearly 30,000 in March, but now the Android market has finally crossed 50,000 apps in this month. According to Androlib, the number of apps in the Android market has crossed the 50,000 mark.
“Honestly, we cannot guarantee we have everything but we think we are doing a pretty good job at it. Our number is high as some applications might have been taken out of the market. We count everything that has ever been added to the market. Updates do not count towards the overall number obviously,” says Androilb.
Out of the 50,000 apps, 59% of the apps are available for free, while the remaining 41% are paid apps. You may not see all the 50,000 apps in the Android Market, since Androlib tracks the apps of more than ten different countries.
It is expected that Android Market will have more than 1,00,000 apps in the next few months.