Samsung has just announced the most expected Galaxy S5 smartphone at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. It has a 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display, powered by a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Samsung own UI on top. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, 4K video recording, HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Virtual Tour Shot and more new features and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. Samsung claims that the phone has world’s fastest auto focus speed up to 0.3 seconds. It has IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
It has Finger Scanner for a secure, biometric screen locking feature and mobile payments. It has S Health 3.0 with additional tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate monitor. It has 2800 mAh battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode that turns the display to black and white, and shuts down all unnecessary features to minimize the battery consumption.
It has Download Booster, an innovative Wi-Fi technology which uses both Wi-Fi and LTE simultaneously to improve the download speeds.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specifications
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and 4Kvideo recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 4G LTE-A, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
Samsung Galaxy S5 comes in Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold colors. It would go on sale globally from April 2014. No word on pricing yet. We will be bringing you the hands-on impressions soon.