Motorola may have been sold to a Chinese manufacturer – Lenovo, but Moto G is on its way to India. A few days back, Motorola teased about release details of Moto G on their Facebook page and now we have more. But this time it comes from India’s leading eCommerce portal – Flipkart. Motorola Moto G is coming soon to Flipkart and they have a separate dedicated Moto G page to keep track of the device.
Motorola Moto G was probably designed keeping in India the huge mid-range dual SIM Android smartphone market, but it hasn’t come to India yet. The phone was announced way back in November and it was expected to be available in the Indian market by now. But that is not the case and the company plans to start the sales probably in February. Flipkart will probably get the device first as it has a dedicated page and special offers for people buying the device on launch date.
For those of you who don’t know about the Motorola Moto G, you can check out the specifications right below
- 4.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) edge-to-edge display at 329 ppi with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) with option to upgrade to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash, 720p HD video recording at 30fps
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 6.0-11.6 mm thick (curve) and weighs 143 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 720p HD video playback
- 1GB RAM, 8GB/16GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, GLONASS
- 2070 mAh battery
The 8GB version is priced at 179$ in US while the 16GB version retails for 199$(Rs. 12,500approx). The popularity of the device is mainly because of its value for money. The device is expected to be priced around Rs15,000 and you can check out the entire review here.