The latest trend in the Indian mid-range phablet market is the inclusion of a Full HD 1080p display in the smartphones and rightly so, every manufacturer has come up or is coming up with a Full HD smartphone and one among them is Zen. Zen’s Ultrafone Amaze 701 FHD comes with a 5inch Full HD display and is powered by the new MediaTek MT6589T quad-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz, Power VR SGX544 GPU and is somewhat let down by just 1GB of RAM. However, it is equipped with a 13MP camera on the back which has become a mandatory for Indian manufacturers these days.
Some of the main features of the Zen Ultrafone Amaze 701 FHD are as follows
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS OGS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 Protection
- MediaTek MT6589T 1.5 GHz quad-core processor
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with micro SD (up to 64GB)
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM (GSM + WCDMA) with Dual Standby
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetoot, aGPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 2050 mAh battery
As you can see, only the 8MP front facing camera surprises you among the specifications. The front camera is refreshingly good, but video recording maxes out at 480p. The 13MP rear was also put to test, but we will not be telling anything more now as we are still figuring out how the camera performance is and we will we bringing you the camera review very soon. Meanwhile, you can check out the camera samples.
The rear camera has HDR option, but it isn’t the best.
The phone can record Full HD videos from the rear camera and you can check out the sample right below