Amazon has announced the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″ Tablet along with the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7″ Tablet. This has a has a 8.9-inch ( 2560 x 1600 pixels) display, powered by a 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 800 processor and runs on the new Fire OS 3.0 Mojito based on Android Jelly Bean. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera and a front-facing 720p HD camera. It also comes with built-in dual microphones and Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio and virtual 5.1 multi-channel surround sound. It has 2GB of RAM and comes in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants similar to the 7-inch variant.
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″ Specifications
- 8.9-inch ( 2560 x 1600 pixels) display at 339 ppi, over 400 nits brightness
- 2.2GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 800 CPU with Adreno 330 GPU
- Dimensions – 231 mm x 158 mm x 7.8 mm, Weight – 374 grams (WiFi) and 384 grams (4G LTE + WiFi)
- 8MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, wide-aperture 5P f/2.2, 1080p HD video recording
- front-facing 720p HD camera
- 3.5 mm stereo jack, stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio engine
- 2GB of RAM, 16GB (8.8GB available to user) / 32GB (25.6GB available to user), / 64 GB (54.3GB available to user) of internal storage
- 4G LTE / HSPA+, Wi-Fi Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO+HT40), Bluetooth with A2DP, USB 2.0
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, GPS with aGPS (4G)
- Battery Life Up to 12 hours of mixed use and up to 18 hours when reading
The Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″ starts at $379. and is available for pre-order from Amazon in the US. It would ship in the U.S starting from November 7th. The 4G version starts at $479 and would ship in the U.S starting from December 10th.